Team Khateer

Seek it. Find it. Adventure it.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

I heart hills

So I was thinking I may have been alittle harsh on all the Americans running around Interlaken. There is a ton of cool stuff to do here, I guess I just wonder if they come to Europe to only drink and sky dive.

Gimmelwald, Swiss. is a cool, tiny town. It has about 130 people in it and its a 45min uphill walk to the next larger hill. The easiest way to access it is via gondola. Basically, the Gimmelwald area is a juiced up CO. You dont really have anything to do except hike in the Alps and drink from random fountains made out of huge trees and pipes. The thing about hiking in the Alps is there isnt ever really a time its flat place, the inclines and heat work you over. Saying the Alps are big and steep is like saying God is smart.

Ironically, I picked Blogger b/c I thought people could comment, instead of Xanga. Well, instead of actually checking that out it turns out no one can comment. Ive been informed my dear friend Keaton is going to make a forum for people to comment. I took "forum" as meaning a place to make fun of me. Screw you guys.

Upon return from Gimmelwald we landed in Interlaken and are staying at the Funny Farm. Theres a nice hotel in front, the college kids stay in back in a converted barn (In the place we are the bunks are in between old horse stables). The place is basically like a ski town, where do nothing hippie Aussies hang out, smoke pot, and do tours down the river or ski diving.

When we got into town we rented a tiny car thing. We would have done scooters but my travel buddy has a height problem and wouldnt been able to put the kick stand down. The car was smaller than a golf cart, where you had your knees sticking out. Almost got into some trouble a few times. Driving a tiny joke of a car that people look and laugh at you in, in a place where you dont know the roads or cant read the street signs; you'll def. get into a few situations where it gets your heart beating.

Tonight with hippies, tomorrow back to gay Paris.

1 Comments:

At Wed Jun 22, 01:42:00 PM EDT, Blogger jane said...

in your face.

i have triumphed and the truth will be told at long last!

if you'll kindly check out my freshly created page, you'll see that anonymous posts are indeed very possible. or perhaps you already knew this...?

the bike scooters scared the pee out of you anyway, and you had a good time in our teeny tiny clown car. at least those swiss guys who laughed at us did.

speaking of a good time, my last night in switzerland would've been way better if you hadn't cockblocked me from getting with Hot Illinois Guy.

hope you have fun wandering athens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home