Team Khateer

Seek it. Find it. Adventure it.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Its all Greek to me, no really

I dont know how long this post will be. Today I went up to my room in Athens at around 3pm, came down after 5 and saw a message on the board that said "Transport Strike Friday, 24th". So I kinda do a double take and walk back to the desk and ask "So, what does that mean?". What it means dear super loyal readers is the metro (subway) shuts down, ferrys stop, and Olympic Air isnt doing all its flights. I care b/c 1) The metro takes me to the airport, and 2) Olympic is the airline Im using to go to Cairo. So, basically no one knows anything about how the strike is going to be done, sometimes they are short, sometimes they are long. Its pretty awesome that they announced around 12 hours before it started. It made me realize how much in America we take for granted simply our countries stability.

Otherwise, Athens is cool, but really you only need 2 days here, then go to an island. The awesome hostel Im staying in has a rooftop bar that stares at the Acropolis. Dogs are sleeping all over the streets in the city, but it only gives it a more relaxed feel. I had other stuff to write about, but now Ill Im thinking about is if I can actually get to Cairo.

Oh yeah, I met a chick the first night who actually knew who Niall Ferguson was. Super surprising, and super cool. We made out in a Turkish hooka bar. No, really.

Greek food kicks other food in the balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home