Team Khateer

Seek it. Find it. Adventure it.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The earlier stuff was just for kicks

B/c I'm doing the rather insane act of flying back to America for my brother's wedding, & then back to Egypt in around 4 days, I won't be posting until then. The group is going to Mount Sinai/St. Catherines Monastery & Sharm al-Sheikh. Luckily, I don't care about going to any of those places. Okay, Im lying.

In other whiny news, the Arabic I learned & kinda remember, Modern Standard, is somewhat useless here. See, MS isn't usually learned until some later schooling, which Egypt doesn't have exactly a lot of. More importantly, taxi drivers or random people don't know it. Some of the words are the same, other's Egyptians pronounce differently (j's are said as a 'guh')

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home