Team Khateer

Seek it. Find it. Adventure it.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

I beat myself

I have a post coming about East Germany and the Commies and such, but maybe tomorrow.

I'm sitting here in Berlin. As usual everyone has gone to bed which leaves me to my night-time starring at the wall next to me. I really need to bring my books to the internet/pin pong room. Anyway, a little thought popped into my head: what would I do if the much anticipated zombie invasion took place, but I'm here?

Being probably the most prestigious zombie authority in probably whatever region of the country OK is in, I think I have just one-upped myself.

I mean, I have enough knowledge to fall back on, but the different situations that would arise of this happening while you were in a completely alien land are interesting.
1 There's the obvious language barrier with the other survivors. Im not sure if Frank would make it, but I would need him as another English speaker. (zombie survival is all about numbers, as probably surving humans could be more dangerous to you than the zombie hordes.

2 Only the police and army have guns. This would be a big problem. You could survive in a good structure and use clubs, but no guns would really limit your offensive capabilities.

3) Except for the quickly made post WWII stuff, European buildings are generally stone and have few entrances and high windows. Major plus.

4) I suspect food would be more difficult to get here.

5) I wouldn't want to get Camp Syndrome trapped with these East Berlin girls. I think they've been around the block a few times. On the other hand, I'd probably be too busy building zombie traps to worry about it.

6) Besides rampant alcoholism (and peeing on building in front of you), I doubt the East Germans would be able to organize very well.

7) I'm pretty sure it would be difficult to get out of the city, which anyone knows is vital.

The outbreak happening when I was in a smaller city would be better, or dare I say it while my heart flutters: if I'm somewhere with a castle. (thought most don't have doors anymore)

Now I'm going to be laying in bed trying to figure this out.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Sun Jul 08, 11:00:00 PM EDT, Blogger S. Seikel said...

why are you there? i was there once. East germans are like little kids that are allowed to run their own country. Thats about it. thats all it looks like to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home