Team Khateer

Seek it. Find it. Adventure it.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

52nd Statehood

So earlier this week as we left our dear Gallery Net, those of us who still had time on our accounts were given payouts. Why? Yeah, I asked the same thing, its becuase the next day the place was shutting down. Man that sucks, our dear home away from home, well the hotel, is gone forever. I guess if you wanted to be all squishy you could say its a metaphor for my trip ending, but not me. The thing is now I cant play that retarded Zero Hour game. Today is my second day of no stealthed Stinger sites, bombing the crap out of people with Aurora Alpha bombers, or upgrading my Chinese Gattling Cannons with 25% more effectiveness. Whats more bad though, had Gallery Net closed say, 4 weeks ago, I wouldnt have ever gotten playing that game in the first place. Now, I just feel empty.

But anyway, forgive my self sorrow, I thought I'd try to dip into a little tradtional whiny blogging, now thats fun.

So before I came here I knew there was some resitment btwn Saudis, Kuwati's and pretty much all the other Arabs, the books dont lie. Theres been several stories of the Jordanians here being pissed off at the citizens of the KSA, but besides being pissed they've turned out to be a great joke mines, kinda like the French. Last night I went out to a cafe with a group of people, along in tow were a few Arabs from school. One of the girls started saying how beautiful the Saudi women there were, the end of the joke is their eyes are the best (think veils). While little jokes about the women being covered are fairly innocent, other times you see the (atleast Jordanians) being largely unwelcoming to their oil drenched Arab brothers. It kinda dives into the myth of Arab Unity, money seems to be more important than being one strong nation. My girl teacher told us they went to Kuwait when her family moved from Palestine in 1950. Now most of them are in Jordan since Jordan is one of the few countries that actually gives Pal's citizenship (if they give up Pal citizenship) and Kuwait wouldnt.

But anyway, Im coming back in 2 days, and thus, so the blog will most probably be coming to an end. When I get back I may do some clean up stuff, and put up some of the cooler pics, but Im pretty sure this site's days are numbered. The reason I made it was so people could read about what I was doing when I was abroad, my life in America is far less interesting.

Going back to the City on the Hill, though it seems a little dirtier now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home